Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stamp Club time! And we are going to work a little out of our boxes - are you ready? This first card is super fun. Who doesn't love the 'faux' look? Reminds me of a purse I own. . .

So this is the faux gator skin? Versamark the entire card, then draw lines with your bone folder. Knock off the excess powder and then heat emboss the entire thing. Now, something to keep in mind, and I did not notice until I did the photos - it looks as if there is a little bit of white embossing powder in with my clear . . . Try to keep that seperate (I must have used them in the same tray and then refilled my containers -oops).



And if your outside is a little plain (think no layers), how great to add a little business inside? Don't forget that you can dress up the inside too!


Recipe:
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Accessories: Brad, Scallop Circle #2 die, Big Shot, Cordouroy button, Clear Embossing powder, fabric

Next one - is a man card. I know, I should have told you to sit down. The men in our lives need cards too - without ribbons, pink or sparkly! And what man do you know that doesn't like beer? Well, there aren't too many! Do you recognize it? The foam on the beer is the cupcake topper on Simple Birthday Thanks! And the 'frost' is vellum!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Simple birthday Thanks
Ink: Close to Cocoa, More Mustard
Paper: More Mustard, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Vellum
Accessories: 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Label Punch, More Mustard brads, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects (for the 'sweat' on the glass)

Okay - don't freak. We are going to sew. I know that this is a stamping club, and sometimes we don't stamp at all on a card (see first card in this post). Well, this time we aren't even going to use paper. BUT - we are using the Big Shot and some fabulous dies. How great is it that you can use the Big Shot for paper and fabric?! Oh my - the possibilities are limitless! This is a little quilt square. Maybe for a hot pad, pot holder, the start of your next quilt. . . ?

Recipe:
Accessories: Big Shot, 3-d Flower, Scallop Circle #2

See ya Wednesday night!

No comments: