Friday, May 14, 2010

Mom's purse

Long before I ever created a card, or papercraft of any kind, I sewed. Mom taught me, and then I learned to quilt. So how awesome for me to discover that I can use my BIG SHOT for quilting? I was ecstatic. As you all know, it cuts fabric, and cuts the most perfect sized squares for quilting usng the Scallop Square Die. It is quite easily the most fabulous die you can buy for your Big Shot!

So, for Mother's Day, I whipped together a purse. I actually made one a month back, and gave it away without taking pictures. I know! So, here's the purse:


Inside lining:


Close up of the ruffle and quilting:

So, whatcha think? Pretty awesome, huh? What are your thoughts on me holding a class where we all make a purse? No need to be overwhelmed - it is quite easy to put together! A fabulous demonstrator Angie Juda made a really easy video to follow!!

No comments: