Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Stamp Club

Can you believe 2 posts in one day?! I am on a roll, I tell you! I'm trying to be better about posting, I promise.

Tonight is December's Stamp Club, and we are making some fantastic Christmas items. If you are interested in joining my Stamp Club, contact me. We would love to have you. We meet once a month at my house, make 3 make and takes, place an order and have a great time. Here are the great things are are making tonight.

The first one is a gift card holder. What is an easier gift that giving someone a gift card? And this is super easy to whip up if you are in a crunch or great to have on hand for those last minute parties! The great thing about this card is that it is made from an envelope folded in half, and then embellished as you desire. The envelope forms a pocket for your card!


Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Dimensionals, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" punc, 1 3/8" punch, Alpine ribbon, Ski Slope Designer Paper, Naturals Ivory Standard Envelope

The next card we will be making is a spinner card! Have you ever made a spinner card? They are super fun, and I would love to show you how! The "spinner" part in this one is the snowflake, which is covered in dazzling diamonds glitter, of course! By using dimensionals and a few pennies, this makes quite the "action" card!


Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Snow Burst and (retired)
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Dimensionals, Word Window Punch, DSP (retired)

The last card we will be making is a great pocket card. The pocket makes a great place to put a photo, a note, a newspaper clipping, money, whatever it suits your fancy! I just love the Winter Post set that is in the Holiday Mini this year. I can't get enough, which is probably why I use it for the majority of the holiday cards I have made. I also just love the Felt Flurries cuz they bring an extra level of fun to the card!

Here is a shot of the inside "postcard". You could easily adhere a photo to the back of this and treat it like a true postcard for your holiday card. How fun would that be? We decided that with as little as we did this year because of being busy with work and building the new house, we have very few pictures of the two of us. So, no picture this year!


Recipe:
Stamp Set: Winter Post
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Baja Breeze
CardStock: Kraft, Real Red, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Real Red Ribbon, Felt Flurries, Baja Breeze Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelet, Dimensionals, Round Tab Punch, Designer Label Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Natural Hemp Twine
Techniques: Sponging

Sorry that I can't think of the names of the 2 retired sets I used (sorry about using retired sets too!). I am at work and since I can't remember them from my head and don't have access to the stamp sets, I will add these later!
Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to make these tonight!
T

No comments: