Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Thank-yous!

Hello again! I'm going to get up on my soapbox for a paragraph, and then will show you my great thank-yous that I made the other night watching The Biggest Loser (one of my favorite shows). One of my all time pet peeves is not sending thank-you notes. I realize that during this time of electronics, e-mail, text messaging and instant messaging that the handwritten card is a thing of the past. I also think that with all those other 'easy' forms of communication, it should be easy to get a "Hey, thanks for the ________", even if it is electronic. I still like to send a handwritten card. My mom always made us sit down and write out our thank you cards before the holiday break was over. Even though I don't get holiday breaks anymore (what's up with that anyway), and it has been over for at least a week, I did get my thank-you's finished, and will be sent out tomorrow. Here they are:



They are super simple to make, and easy to reproduce many of - depending on how much thanks you need to send out! Although I used a retired stamp set, I think the sentiments are just great and seemed fitting for the occasion. I mixed it up a little using the same template, used different papers make them a little different.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Lots of Thoughts (retired)
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Alpine Felt Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Paper Piercer, Ski Slope Designer paper

T

No comments: