Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas (a little late)

Okay, I know, I know, Christmas is over, but I never got my Christmas cards posted, so I wanted to do that real fast before we moved onto Valentine's! I decided to do 4 different styles of cards this year, for a couple of reasons. One, I didn't want to run out of supplies for any one project; Two, I couldn't decide on a single stamp set or design to go with, and Three, I love a little variety. So, real quick....

This is my old school card using the fabulous set in the Holiday Mini, Winter Post. I found myself using this set a lot, and just loved the classic-ness of it!
Pretty straightforward card, with a few layers. Sponged (of course) around the edge of the Baja Breeze layer and around the layer with the skaters on it. The torn Chocolate Chip gives the bottom of the card a little interest underneath the Ski Slope Designer Paper (that I just LOVE). Add some Chocolate Chip Grossgrain Ribbon and pop the sentiment up on dimensionals, and done!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Post
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grossgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, Ski Slope DSP
Techniques: Sponging, Tearing

The next three cards I used the Big on Christmas set. When I saw it in the last catalog, I just knew I would have to use it for my Christmas cards!
The first card's base is Kraft with a layer of Chocolate Chip that has been stamped with a snowflake (from Winter Post) with Versamark to give it a little dimension, and a little sponging. I scalloped the bottom of this layer with the Scallop Edge Punch. If you have not yet bought this punch - it is a must have! Makes scalloping SO SO much easier. I colored in the message with the Stamp and Write Markers, added a little Blue Bayou ribbon (retired) and using the Photo Corner Punch and dimensionals made the center section pop!

I just love the little snowman face, and with all the snow we have had around here, this card defintely says it right!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Winter Post, Big on Christmas
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Only Orange, Basic Black, Real Red, Glorious Green, Versamark
Cardstock: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Blue Bayou Ribbon, Dimensionals, Photo Corner Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercer
Techniques: Sponging

The next card uses the Big on Christmas set with one of the other sentiments. This one has a much brighter color scheme, and I think turned out real modern. The Designer Paper is Winter Brights and is now retired, but makes wonderful winter colors!

The edge of the sentiment is again sponged (I think I must have been on a kick!). Not sure if you can tell in the photo, but I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and then used Silver Emobossing Powder to edge the words, and then colored them in with my Stamp and Write Markers to match the Designer Paper which is layered behind. The sentiment is also propped up on dimensionals, which I like to call "up on blocks". Makes me laugh everytime! :) Can you believe I didn't use ribbon? Me neither.....

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Big on Christmas
Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Cardstock: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensionals
Techniques: Embossing



The last one turned out a little fuzzy in the picture (my bad), but overall turned out pretty cute.

This is the last sentiment in the Big on Christmas set, and also happens to be the name of one of my good friend's son! And, come to think of it, I don't even think I sent her this one.....You can check out here blog here if you want!

Back to the card. The sentiment is again colored with the Stamp and Write Markers and "up on blocks" in addition to sponging (did I sponge on EVERY card...geesh!) the bottom layer is on Real Rust and I used the big background stamp Sanded to give it a little texture. On the piece of Ruby Red on the side, the ornaments are Versamarked on there, with some (non-SU) eyelets. There is also some Very Vanilla Ribbon that runs behind the sentiment.

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Big on Christmas, Sanded
Ink: Really Rust, Versamark, Old Olive, Ruby Red, More Mustard
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive
Accessories: Very Vanilla Ribbon, Dimensionals, (non-SU) eyelets
Techniques: Sponging

And lastly, here is a photo of all 40 that I made:

No comments: