Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October Club

Can you believe it is time for Stamp club already? Me neither! This month has gone by fast, and I have done very little stamping! Egads! Now that the weather is changing and getting cooler makes for perfect days holed up in the stamp room! Stay tuned!

This first project caught my eye and knew that it would be a perfect stamp club project! I also think it will be super cute on my Thanksgiving table setting. Give each person a little bit of candy to snack on while they wait for the turkey to hit the table! It's early, I know!!! But gotta plan ahead!

This box is super easy to assemble. Use your Wide Oval Punch and punch out 5 for each side to create your pumpkin. Sponging a little on the edges makes it 3-d.



Recipe:
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green
Accessories: Wide oval punch, 5 petal punch, Silver Brads
Technique: Sponging

This next project incorporates some requests from my stampig girls: sewing on a card and the stamping wheel! This is such a great Thanksgiving themed wheel, but you could easily use for any thank you card. The great thing about the stamping wheels is that you can get the ink cartridges that fit right inside! Then no worries about using your stamp pad and running out of ink halfway through the image! I used versamark on this one and then embossed with gold embossing powder. A little sewing along the edges adds a little kick!


Recipe:
Stamp: Bright Blessings wheel
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Dusty Durango Ribbon, Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder
Technique: Sewing, Embossing

The last card is a Christmas themed card (yes, already!) and is my favorite!!!! This uses the great new holiday paper, and is a perfect solution for a gift card! I used the double pocket technique, and must admit that it kicked my butt at first! I'll show you how to succeed the first time!

Once you create the pocked and assemble the layers with the designer paper, you have 2 slots to put 'goodies'. In this one I put a little tag note in the back one that you can pull out by the ribbon, and a gift card goes in the front one. It is also a full sized card, so you can open it up and still write a message! I'm in love!

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Post
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Merry Moments DSP
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Dimensionals, Designer Label Punch, Real Red Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelet, Tag corner punch

Okay! There are the projects for tonight! I'm so excited to show you how to make em! See ya tonight!

1 comment:

Amy M said...

I really wanted to come to stamp club this month, but its our anniversary so I'll have to come next time! :) Darn, that pumpkin thing is sooo adorable and I love the thanksgiving card!