Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wonderful Words

Well, Wonderful Words has many wonderful sayings -- thank you, celebrate, friendship and love. The 4 of these are fairly generic, and even though this set retired, I just couldn't bare to part with it, or stop using it! It was one of my very first 'word' sets, and I continue to love it!

These cards are the same but with different sentiments. I am thinking this is a fantastic layout, and can't wait to try it in different colors!



Here is the second card:

If you look closely, you will see that I have used a new technique, but one that I totally LOVE! My sewing machine! At first it seemed a little strange sewing on paper, but is really no different than sewing on fabric. I think the outcome is fantastic! I alternated with yellow thread on the Not Quite Navy cardstock, and the navy thread on the So Saffron Cardstock.

You will notice that the flower stamps in the background are from the Simply Said stamp set, another favorite of mine!

Hope you enjoy!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Wonderful Words (Retired), Simply Said
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Versamark
Cardstock: So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Not Quite Navy Designer Paper (Hostess Pack), Silver Brad, Sewing machine, (non-SU!) flower
Technique: Tearing, Sewing

No comments: