Friday, February 6, 2009

On the Fly

Somehow I have been volunteered to make both the treats AND the cards for the birthdays at work. I can't say that I am complaining - cuz I love to do both. So - the brownies are cooling upstairs, and here are the cards that I am making for the 2 bosses that share a birthday this weekend.

Masculine cards are hard for me cuz I love ribbon tied into bows, glitter and glitz. I think these turned out pretty good. Both of the attorneys love to fish, and I just love the On the Fly set. Even though it is retired, I will never get rid of it. Too many special people in my life love to fish! Both of these cards are 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 so we all have room to sign!

This was the first card I made. I knew I wanted to use the fisherman catching a 3-D fish. By adding some hemp twine, it really makes the card more manly!


Card Recipe:
Stamp Set:
On the Fly (retired), Family Phrases
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Really Rust, Always Artichoke, Going Gray, Ruby Red
Cardstock: River Rock (retired), Always Artichoke, Naturals Ivory, Cameo Coral
Accessories: River Rock Designer Paper (retired), Hemp Twine, (non-SU!) eyelets, Dimensionals
Techniques: Chalk coloring

The second card I again used the chalk to color. I like the soft look that it gives, especially with this 'rough' images.

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set:
On the Fly (retired), Party Hearty
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Brocade Blue
Cardstock: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Brocade Blue, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Old Olive Designer Paper, Pumpkin Pie 5/8" Grossgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals
Technique: Chalk coloring

Thanks for stopping by! Happy birthday to Craig and Scott!!

No comments: