Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crazy for Cupcakes Birthday

I thought I would stray from Valentine's for a day or 2 in case some of you are wanting a little change of pace - I know I am! My stamping pal Tami came over on Sunday to make some birthday cards since we were both running low in our 'stash'. Before we even realized it, it was 5 hours later! Boy how time flies! One of the better ways to spend a Sunday, if I do say so myself!

Onto the card. Now some of you may recognize this card from the Fall/Winter 2008 idea book. It was one of sample cards for the Crazy For Cupcakes stamp set. A few modifications, but here we go.

This card had some trials and tribulations, but we are both very happy with the end result! The base of the card is Whisper White, but only because I didn't have enough Real Red. :) The patterned paper is from the Hostess Designer Paper Pack, and with some Real Red and Pacific Point Ribbon, that makes up the base of the card.

The Top layer is Whisper White on top of Kiwi Kiss. Then we went to town with my Cricuit! Haven't broken out that in awhile, so I thought it was time. The colors of the letters are Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss. The Balloon and cupcake stand (which is think is THE most adorable image in the entire world) are both from the Crazy for Cupcakes set - which I love. I love everything about cupcakes, and when I saw this set, I knew I had to have it! The cupcakes are colored with Markers and then the cherries are topped with a little Crystal Effects to give them a little shine.


Here is a close up of the cupcakes, although I am not sure that you can see the Crystal Effects overly well. For some reason, they don't photograph well....We intended to use Liquid Applique on the cupcake tops, but apparently that is a thing of the past? We couldn't find any anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find some, I would greatly appreciate it. I think that the white liquid applique would make SUCH a cute frosting for these most adorable cupcakes!


Card Recipe:

Stamp Set: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Black, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Real Red Hostess Patterned Paper
Accessories: Pacific Point Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

Hope you liked the Crazy birthday card! I just love being able to use my Cricuit on this great birthday card!

Tiff

No comments: