Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simply Birthday

Okay guys - we have one more birthday card. This is another simply MUST HAVE birthday stamp set! I initially bought it thinking it would be a great way to kids to do their own thank-you notes....you all know how I feel about sending thank-yous after receiving a gift! And then it occurred to me that I don't really know anyone with kids of writing age....oh, well. It is still a great stamp set!

It makes the most fabulous single image birthday cards, which is as great for kids and non-kids!

I did use some retired colors and I apologize up front for that! We first found the eyelets, and then went with paper that coordinated. The eyelets are non-SU!, but only because the only eyelets SU! carries are the metallic ones. Who else thinks that they should bring back the colored eyelets? ME!

The base of the card is Groovy Guava, Whisper White and Wild Wasabi. The cupcake is then stamped twice - once on the white for the frosting, and then a second time on the 'wrapper'. The 'wrapper' in this card is from the Groovy Guava Designer Paper, and then crimped using the Paper Crimper to give it the rippled look - just like the real life muffin wrappers!

The sentiment is from the Party Hearty set, and whenever I see "you take the cake", it makes me laugh! It is punched out with the Word Window, stamped in Wild Wasabi, and tied onto the Wild Wasabi Ribbon with silver elastic cord.

I tried getting a close up shot of the sprinkles and the cherry, but I think the reflection of the sprinkles make a huge glare. I punched the sprinkles out and set the eyelets with my Crop-a-dile. The cherry was stamped on Real Red and then using the Two Way Glue Pen put some Red Chunky Glitter on. The Chunky glitter is just fantastic, and makes for a great cherry!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Party Hearty, Simple Birthday Thanks
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Basic Black
Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava Patterned Designer Paper
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Ribbon (retired), Silver Cord, Word Window punch, Dimensionals, (non-SU!) eyelets, Red Chunky Glitter, Two Way Glue Pen

Hope you liked my super big cupcake card!

Tiff

No comments: