Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Coaster Tile gifts

Hey there! I had a few more stone tiles that I didn't want to pack up 'un-done', so I made a few sets of coasters as gifts. I have some occasions coming up that would work just perfect for!

These are so fun to make and so easy too! The hardest part is picking out the design! To seal the craft ink I embossed them with clear embossing powder and popped them in the oven. You may be able to see the shine to the images.

Here are the two designs:

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Great Friend (Occasions mini)
Ink: ALL CRAFT: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Ruby Red
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder


Recipe:
Stamp Set:
Fifth Avenue Floral, Botanical Blooms (SAB)
Ink: ALL CRAFT: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder

On the back of each coaster I attached some sticky sided cork board. I found this at Hobby Lobby and cut it so it was slightly smaller than the tile. You could also use the small round or square pieces too if you wanted.



Here is how I packaged them up. I wrapped them with ribbon (that I also found at Hobby Lobby). Stampin' Up! doesn't have the organza ribbon and I think that looks the best wrapped around the coasters. I like that the ribbon doesn't cover up the images on the tile.

So - anyone interested in a tile class? I would love to help you make super cute gifts for your friends and family. You could personalize them with initials like the ones I did here for Christmas. Contact me if you want me to hold a coaster class!

No comments: