Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March Stamp Club

It is stamp club time again! We are making some wonderful things - 3 full size cards this month! Contact me if you want to join - you could make all these great things for free!!


The first card is for St. Patrick's Day. I don't really do green beer, I'm not Irish, and don't have a St. Patrick's day stamp set. So - I improvised - and you can do with some strategically placed hearts! I am also using the bleaching technique, which turned out different than I thought - but interesting! They are they punched out with the Large Heart Punch. The lucky sentiment is from Define Your Life.



Recipe:
Stamp Set: Define Your Life
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Glorious Green, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Large Heart Punch, Natural Hemp Twine, Black Embossing Powder, Certainly Celery Ribbon (SAB), Dimensionals, Clips Assortment
Technique: Embossing, Bleaching

The next card uses the Gatefold, you have seen a different version of this card at this post. I actually created this club card first. I love these colors - the Sahara Sand with the Real Red is very striking. To create the Gatefold, cut your cardstock in half lengthwise, and then score at 2 3/4" from each side and fold in!
Recipe
Stamp Set:
Congrats (SAB)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Boho Punch, Brad, Delicate Dots Designer Paper (SAB)
Technique: Gatefold, Sponging

The last card is my favorite, by far. It uses one of my favorite techniques (sewing) and is a great way to use up all those scraps of designer paper that you just can't bear to throw out! Each of the square are 1"x1". I'm thinking that the 1 1/4" square punch would be an easier way to go about it, cuz it seems to be quite difficult to cut such a small piece with the paper trimmer. I sewed around the edge and then created the 'quilt' on the inside. The Hodgepodge Hardware in the designer label shape is awesome!


Recipe:
Stamp Set: Congrats (SAB)
Ink: Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Very Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware Designer Label, Designer Label Punch, So Saffron Ribbon (SAB), Naturals Hemp Twine, Dimensionals


So - that's it. See ya tonight!

No comments: