Monday, March 9, 2009

With Sympathy

No one likes to give out sympathy cards, but I hope it is nice to receive one when you are grieving. Duane's granite business partner lost his father after a long illness, and we really wanted them to know that we were thinking of them and that they are on our mind.

Now, I don't have a "sympathy" set per se, but flowers are always appropriate for a sympathy card and I have many of those! This is a Sale-A-Bration set, Botanical Bloom that I used with the sentiment from Trendy Trees. It is also a sketch challenge SC218 from Splitcoast.

The sentiment was a little long to use with the Designer Punch, so I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the sentiment in 2 lines. I also used it to line up the flowers with the outlines.

I hope the Kale family is able to find some comfort in this very difficult time.

Recipe:
Stamp Set:
Botanical Blooms, Trendy Trees
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray
Ink: Basic Black, Going Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Fifth Avenue Floral Designer Paper, Brads, Designer Label Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by! Whatcha think of the card?

1 comment:

Lynsay said...

I like it! Very Sympathetic...