Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Val and Sue!

Oh boy! Can you believe there is another birthday at the firm? Geesh - it seems like there is one about every other week. I suppose with 20 employees, the math kinda works out that way....

Both cards are twice the size of normal cards (a whole sheet of cardstock folded in half to make the card) since so many of us have to sign them.

The first card is a style I have used before, only this time I did it mono-chromatic, which I think is a very elegant look. Sue just loves purple, so I pulled out all the purple ink I have to bring this card together. I did find out that I don't have any Stampin' Up! ribbon....and that the only purple ribbon they sell is Elegant Eggplant? Guess I better be getting some of that....

Here is a shot with the vellum turned up at the corner. The vellum does a good job of muting the bold colors from underneath! I just love how the Simply Said stamp set looks underneath the vellum!!


Recipe:
Stamp Set: Simply Said, Party Hearty
Ink: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, Black Stayzon
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Vellum, Whisper White
Accessories: Brads, Purple Ribbon (non-SU!)

The second card is for Val (or Shaniqua, depending on who you are). She is bold, loud and I thought the designer paper from the Good Morning Sunshine fit perfectly! I used the Gatefold card, which is really easy to do, and looks super cool!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Congrats (SAB)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Summer Sun
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Brad, Boho Punch, Dimensionals, Good Morning Sunshine Designer Paper
Technique: Sponging

Hope you like the birthday cards!

No comments: