Friday, March 13, 2009

Stationary Box

Who doesn't love a great gift idea to a friend? This will be a gift for a good friend (it is a VERY late gift....her birthday was in January). The box contains 8 cards, and I used 2 different color cominbations for the cards.

I am attempting to use up some of my designer paper so that I don't feel guilty about opening a new package. I just love the Candy Lane Designer Paper, although most of it looks very "Valentine-y". Some of the prints are mono-chromatic and make for a very elegant card. I also used 3 of the different Sale-A-Bration stamps. I skipped the sentiment so she can use them for whatever occasion she needs them for!




This is the stationary box that I made them to go inside of. To make the box: You will need 2 pieces of cardstock that measure 11x7.5. Score them at 2.5" on each side, and cut the 2.5" score line to form the bottom of the box. Make sure you use Sticky Strip to put the box together so it stays!!


Here is a side view of the box. You can see that I used the Jumbo Eyelets to make the handle with the Pink Pirouette ribbon, knotted on the inside of the box.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Polka Dot Punches, Time Well Spent (retired)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouettte, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Felt Alpine Ribbon (retired), Candy Lane Designer Paper, Metallic Eyelet, Dimensionals, Scallop Circle Punch, 5 Flower Punch, Silver Brad, Flower Fusion, Jumbo Pewter Eyelet, Pink Pirouette Ribbon
Technique: Sponging

Hope you enjoyed my little stationary box! It was so fun and easy to make, and I think she will just love her gift!

1 comment:

Lynsay said...

WOW!! LOVE the box!!