Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Born to Ride

Today is Duane's birthday! Happy birthday babe! He is out of town, so he will get this card when he returns. Many of you may know that we LOVE (and especially Duane) to ride our Harley Davidson motorcycles! For Duane's gift this year, I did something Harley related, so I wanted his birthday card to reflect the same.

Now this stamp set is OLD! I had seen someone use it on Splitcoast a long, long time ago, and after lots of looking, found a demonstrator that was selling it and I scooped it right up! So, the stamp set is retired, as is most of the paper that I used for the card, but I do have a fun technique to show you for the inside.

The card is a basic gate-fold with a belly band, which I think turned out terrific!!

I think the Tangerine Tango is a perfect Harley color, and the Halloween paper from last year is a perfect match! Here is a shot with the card opened, and the belly-band next to it.

Now here is a close up of the center of the card and the new "technique" I want to show you. Can you see how it looks like there are clouds behind the motorcycle (which is embossed)? Take your scallop circle punch and punch it out of some scrap card stock. Then take a light blue (I used Soft Sky, but you could use Bashful Blue as well) and sponge up and over the top of the scallop circle. Do this all over your card until your space is filled in with the number of clouds you want. Cool, huh?

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Born to Ride (retired)
Ink: Versamark, Soft Sky (retired)
Paper: Tangerine Tango (retired), Basic Black, Whisper White, Ghostly Greetings DSP (retired)
Accessories: Crimper, Black Embossing Powder, Scallop Circle Punch
Technique: Crimping, "cloud-making", Embossing
Happy Birthday babe!

No comments: