Friday, August 28, 2009

Give Thanks

This is a thank you card for a dear, dear friend of mine. She is a master sewer (even without a pattern) and for Christmas she made me some wonderful things. Christmas, you say? Well, she has 2 little ones at home, and sometimes projects take longer than they are supposed to. Hey - that happens at my house, and I don't even have little ones.

Anyway, I wanted to make her a fun thank you card, and I hope this fits the bill. I used retired autumn paper from last year, but used a new stamp set from the new catalog, the More the Merrier, which is super fun!

You may notice that the sentiment seems 'suspended' in the card front, and it is! To get this look is easy. Stamp your image twice, and adhere them together with a piece of string in the middle. You can use dental floss, but I used some crochet string that I have oodles of. The string then gets put in between your layers that will make up your card front. Punch a shape slightly larger than your sentiment image so that it remains suspended. I had to use the 1 3/8" inch circle punch for my sentiment and the only thing I had larger was the scallop punch so it works!

These would be easy to mass produce for fun thank yous . . . Thanks again Lyns for the great gift! I use it almost every day. If I cook, that is . . .


Recipe:
Stamp Set: The More the Merrier
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust
Paper: Whisper White, Really Rust, More Mustard, Autumn Vine DSP (retired)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, 1 3//8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Crochet Thread

Posted by Picasa

No comments: